Spend a few hours, a day or overnight in the wilderness. Discover the wild rainforest or soak and relax in the multiple natural hot springs this area has to offer; or view bears, wolves, otters, eagles, swan, ducks, sea lions and ravens, maybe even whales, in their natural environment. Read more…
The Kitimat Estuary Lodge B&B offers luxurious accommodations for individuals, families and groups with 5 bedrooms, 3 private bathrooms and a meeting room on a 2.5 acre fully landscaped property with hot tub, sauna, barbecue, fire pit, ample parking and many of the other comforts of home. Read more…
Overnight all inclusive trip with 2 or 3 full day’s fishing for wild Pacific Salmon, Halibut, Lingcod, Rockfish and Dungeness Crab. Soak at Bishop bay natural hot springs, remote camping on shore in tents or wood cabins, with campfire, steak dinner and the fresh catch of the day. Read more…
Kitimat is a river and ocean fishing hot spot for international, provincial, and regional visitors, many of whom return yearly. The Kitimat Valley is an area with stunning forests, mountains, and wildlife where fish are plentiful while crowds are not. Read more…
Kingifish Adventure Tours: Have a look at our video gallery for the latest trips with our clients!
The last pool of today was producing, thanks for taking me out Rob! — – hier: Kitimat Estuary Lodge...January 23, 201700
Lingcod are endemic to the west coast of North America, with the center of abundance off the coast of...January 23, 20170
The Pacific halibut is the world’s largest flatfish
The Pacific halibut is found on the continental shelf of the North Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea. Halibut are demersal,...March 2, 20160
Sunset Gil Island – Kitimat B.C
Gil Island is an island on the North Coast of British Columbia, Canada, located on the west side of...March 2, 2016
Chrome Chinook Salmon – Kitimat B.C
Bernhard Hoerhan from Austria with a Chrome Douglass Channel Chinook Salmon caught in middle August 2015March 2, 2016
Lapoint brothers from France with 2 huge Douglas Channel Halibuts.
While working for Rio Tinto Alcan over 2 years Bruno went on several fishing trips with us in the...August 25, 20150
Dungeness Crab are very tasty.
The Hanson Family repeat clients and friends from Calgary with some chrome Douglas Channel Coho Salmon. Aundria holds up a...April 23, 2015
With his first Chinook Salmon from the Douglas Channel.
Mr. Ilian Kirimidtchiev from Montreal Lead architect from the Kitimat Modernization Project with his first Chinook Salmon from the Douglas Channel....April 23, 20150
He caught this huge Lingcod Fishing on the Douglas Channel.
Dr. Ingo Merwald from Vienna-Austria a repeat client/friend comes over every year with 3-4 friends to fish with us...April 23, 2015
Our Customers Said
- "Hope the fish are really biting. Our family came to Kitimat to find some great times and to catch fish. Coming from Oregon we were treated to an exceptional fishing experience.Every time we look at the pictures it takes you back to where you wish you could stay for all time. Great time fishing on the water and a pro at the grill or anything touched by the captains hands. By far the very best fishing trip anyone could have. We caught springs, coho, red snapper, pinks and halibut. It is rare to see such a die hard fisherman and be lucky enough to have them guide your trip. Wow! We can't wait to return."— Dan, Karilea & Hunter
- "Unforgettable, unique family experience! Wild nature that you can rarely see and enjoy. We have spent two awesome days in the Ocean camping on an island and fishing. After one additional day fishing in the Kitimat river estuary, we left Kitimat with 80 kilograms frozen fish filets of Halibut and Salmon, delicious! There is no 5 stars hotel where you can have the hospitality and family ambiance like the one provided by Janine, Andreas and sweet Chanel. If it was closer to Montreal we would repeat this experience every year."— Ilian Kirimidtchiev
- "You may be aware that it is somewhat difficult to get accommodations in Kitimat. In May of 2014, I was unsuccessful trying to find accommodations. Then someone referred me to a Bed & Breakfast (which at the time was reluctant - never stayed in one I felt comfortable in). I travel to the Kitimat area about five to six times a year and now will only stay at the Kitimat Estuary (Kingfisher). After meeting the owners, Janine and Andreas back in 2014, I would now consider our relationship, as friends. I look forward to their warm and friendly welcome. When there, if I wish company, I am comfortable to enter into their domain. Should I want privacy, I am assured of my space. Very respectful and mindful, good people and I feel at home, when in theirs. Breakfast comes with great company and good conversation, which in my opinion makes the end of my stay a treat."— Larry
- "Thank you for the fantastic fishing trip a few weeks ago! The 3-of us experienced a trip of a life time —8 big chrome fish landed in a day was a dream come true—your expertise as a guide was almost outdone by your culinary skills as well—terrific steaks! To anyone who wants a fishing trip to be remembered—a trip with Andreas and his Kingfish Westcoast Adventure Tours is the way to go—this was our second trip and we have already booked a trip for 5 this September for Coho’s! Thanks again Andreas!"— Dale Bobby
- "Repeat clients don't happen by accident. My husband may be easy going, but we are also ironically hard to please. We have fished the Douglas Channel for many years. We have been on the tidal water with many other companies/skippers. In our experience, none have even come close to the standard of customer service Andreas/Janine provide. They go above and beyond the contemporary minimum with fishing and with hospitality. Beyond that, they conduct business professionally yet leave you feeling like more than a client. We have enjoyed years of adventures, something exciting visit after visit. We could write pages of our personal experiences, but it would be better served to leave things open to discover."— Aundria Hood
- "While in Kitimat for work, I stayed at the Kingfish B&B and was absolutely delighted with the quality of the rooms, as well as the owners hospitality. The rooms have a very homey, personalized feel to them, and Janine and Andreas went out of their way to ensure I had all that I needed. My room included a kitchenette for cooking my own meals, and the owners were very accommodating with anything I was missing (soap, shampoo, coffee, use of the laundry room, etc.). It was an absolute pleasure to stay at the Kingfish B&B and I would definitely recommend it for anyone staying in Kitimat!"— Shawn